Dhaka Shishu Hospital is the greatest and largest hospital in terms of children’s healthcare in Bangladesh. The hospital first started its voyage in the year 1972 which was the first dedicated healthcare facility for children back then. The hospital started with an accommodation of 50 beds which got expanded to a 250-bed hospital in the year 1975. There was enough freed-up space back then within the premises which was kept open thinking to expand it to a 650-bed hospital in the future. Later it marched with their activities with full functionality from 1977 and is a 650-bed hospital right now.
The hospital is situated at Shishu Hospital Mor, Shyamoli, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka. To obtain the list of the doctors, you have to dial any of their 11 phone numbers which are +88 02-55053051-61. You can also surf the official website of Dhaka Shishu Hospital or you can send them an email with your detailed query. Their email address is <<email@example.com>>
To talk about children’s health problems, there are many. As the children are low on immunity, they easily fall for diseases like colds, flu, gastrointestinal problems, and others. To take proper care of your children, there are a few steps, and the rest of the article is dedicated to that.
- Malnutrition: Children should be breastfed for the first six months and nothing else. After the initial half-year is over, the children should be introduced to other proteinous and nutritious food.
- Proper vaccination: The first vaccination is provided when the child is just been born. You would also be provided with a vaccination card on the following dates. You have to be responsible for this aspect and have to appear at the hospitals when the right dates arrive.
- Worm Infestation and Hygiene: Children frequently put fingers and random objects into their mouths. This can hamper their gut health and health development. An oral deworming process or simple medication can solve the problem.
- Cold and Fever: Children easily catch colds and fevers. They should be kept dry and warm. When affected, you should provide them with additional liquid supplements and generic medicines. An antibiotic might not be needed every time but you should see a doctor and provide them with antibiotics when needed.
- Diarrhea and Vomiting: These are commonly referred to as gastrointestinal problems or problems related to gut health. First, adequate rehydration should be made sure, and then it should be inspected whether the individual child is suffering from dehydration or not. Later they could be treated with further salination, medication, and antibiotics.
- Genetic Disorders: Children might suffer from some genetic disorders engendered by their parents. These include,
– Vision Problems
All of these problems have separate treatments. The treatments should be handled by expert physicians. The nature of the treatment would depend on the age and intensity of the problems.
Albeit, our children should be kept in a hygienic condition which can save them from a ton of diseases. On top of that, a proper nutrition balance and care can secure a healthy life for them.